For Pre-Award Assistance, contact:
Kyna Estes, College Grants Officer Senior
859 257-8422 phone
Mary Boulton, College Grants Officer
859 218-4914 phone
Kim Reeder, Psychology Pre-Award
110A Kastle Hall
859 257-2607 phone
How will the Grants Officer help you?
Proposal Preparation Support
- Assists faculty and departmental budget staff with the development of proposal budgets, justifications, sponsor forms, internal routing documentation, etc. for sponsored grants/contracts.
- College review for all proposal documentation prior to submission to ensure that applicable costing policies are followed and are compliant with university and sponsor guidelines.
- Facilitates the internal routing process by insuring that the appropriate documentation has been included to expedite the Dean’s authorization and release of the proposal to the Office of Sponsored Projects Administration for the institutional signature.
- Identify the need for other required approvals and facilitate interaction with the appropriate offices (e.g. human subjects, animal subjects, biohazards, etc.).
- Assists faculty with electronic proposal submission to various sponsors.
- Guides faculty in the preparation of forms to establish subcontracts and consulting agreements.
Account & Grant Management
- Completes periodic reviews of grant related accounts and expenditures for compliance with sponsor and university guidelines.
- Serves the college as a liaison with other University units including: Sponsored Projects Accounting, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, etc. and works with departmental business staff to facilitate the resolution of accounting problems on grant accounts.
- Review and distribute monthly “CAS reports” and facilitates the resolution of problems in an effort to minimize/eliminate unauthorized expenditures on the grant accounts.
- Coordinate with departmental business staff to ensure that appropriate action is taken for new accounts to document effort (charging and cost sharing) in FES; coordinate with appropriate person new and existing positions in grant budget; coordinate system to document cost sharing other than faculty salary.
- Maintains complete college proposal files, award documentation, correspondence, etc.
- Utilize various reporting tools to provide grant management reports for departmental business staff, investigators, department chairs and deans that can be used for strategic planning and monitoring university account activities.