A&S Volunteer requirements
Before any person can participate in any A&S work activity, their supervisor must ensure the following procedure is completed if they are a volunteer.
- Notification of the volunteer planning to work in A&S facilities submitted with the following information:
- the volunteer's email address (link blue account if applicable)
- date of birth
- start date and expected end date
- status (e.g. student from <location>, etc)
- If volunteer is under the age of 18:
- Minors on campus instructions completed (all documents here must be submitted to UK Risk Management) if applicable
- for more information on the above, please read UK AR 6:12
All items above must be submitted via a hiring authorization form (https://resources.as.uky.edu/hiring-authorization-form), whether the individual is paid or unpaid, prior to the volunteer gaining access and/or performing work. The supervisor should keep the originals for their files and submit an electronic copy to their department.
If the volunteer will be working in a wet research lab, please follow this link for that procedure.