Skip to main content

Accident and Fire Reporting

Accidents and Injuries

Any employee injury requiring medical attention must be reported by the supervisor to UK Workers' Care by calling 1-800-440-6285. Except in cases of an emergency requiring a 911 call, UK Workers Care must be contacted before seeking medical attention. UK Workers Care will schedule the appointment with UK Health Service.

Employee accidents and/or injuries should be reported immediately by the employee's supervisor. Student workers receiving pay other than scholarships, fellowships, student loans, or grants are generally considered employees.

Unless it is an Emergency, students injured in a teaching lab should seek medical attention at UK Health Service, 859-323-5823.

Students who pay the health fee may see these clinicians without charge. 

  • Full-time UK students have access to University Health Services through tuition and mandatory fees.
  • Part-time UK students may use UHS by voluntarily paying the health fee or by being seen on a fee-for-service basis.

All injuries involving students or employees should be documented using the EHS accident reporting form (must login with linkblue ID).


At the time of the emergency, please dial 911.

After the event: By Kentucky statute (Minger Act), the department must immediately report each fire or threat of fire to the UK fire marshal's office by completing this form. All emergency fires also must be reported to the college safety coordinator as soon as possible by email.

Include the following in the email:

  • Date
  • Time
  • Location
  • Your name and names of all present when the fire occurred
  • Activity when fire occurred
  • Injuries (if any)
  • Property damage (if any)
  • Whether a fire extinguisher was discharged or not
  • Any other information that may be relevant