Admission to UK BLUE is selective and competitive. Each application will be reviewed carefully by a committee representing the College of Arts & Sciences and UK Law. Consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate a record of academic and personal success; thoughtfully articulate a clear understanding of the demands of the UK Law program and a strong desire to pursue a legal education both in person and in writing; and a commitment to building an intellectual community of academic excellence.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (High School Seniors)
- 3.6+ unweighted high school GPA
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter from a teacher
- Completed undergraduate admission application to UK (Students must declare Political Science, English, or History on the UK admission application)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (UK Freshmen)
- 3.6+ University of Kentucky GPA
- 30 earned credit hours by the end of the spring semester
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter from a professor
Additional selection factors to be considered:
- Extracurricular involvement
- AP or IB credit
- Interpersonal skills
- August 1, 2022 : UK BLUE Application opens
- February 15, 2023: Application deadline for high school seniors. All application materials must be submitted online by this date.
- March 15, 2023: High school seniors notified of admissions decisions.
- May 28, 2023: Application deadline for University of Kentucky freshmen. All application materials must be submitted online by this date.
- After spring final grades submitted: UK freshmen notified of admissions decisions.
- Students selected for an interview with the UK BLUE Admissions Committee will notified by email. Interviews will be conducted in person or via Zoom.
TUITION AND FEES
Students are responsible for payment of all tuition and fees for the BLUE accelerated course of study. Specifically, students will pay the undergraduate tuition rate (Resident or Non-Resident) for the first three years of study, and (pending acceptance to UK College of Law) thereafter they will be assessed at the College of Law rate.
Both need-based and merit-based financial assistance programs are available to all undergraduate students. Students are encouraged to learn more about financial aid and scholarship programs at the University of Kentucky. There are no scholarships specifically designated for UK BLUE applicants.
SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
Competitive and automatic renewable scholarships awarded by the Office of Academic Scholarships to incoming UK Freshmen will continue over the first eight semesters of a student’s enrollment at UK. Scholarship awards that are designated to cover undergraduate tuition and fees may be applied to UK Law School tuition, at the student’s undergraduate tuition and fee rate, during the 4th year, once a student has been accepted, and enrolled, into UK Law.