Faculty Should Submit To Their Department Chair:
- Departmental Merit Evaluation Report. This includes syllabi and teacher course evaluation reports during the review period. Senior Lecturers in Chemistry should use this document. Senior Lecturers in Biology should use this document. Senior Lecturers in Psychology should use this document.
- A completed Summary Reporting Form for Teaching.
You are free to furnish your department chair with additional items as you and your department see fit. Such items might include (but are not limited to)
- A longer reflective statement on teaching
- All course syllabi for the period under review
- A discussion of instructional activities not covered in the Merit Evaluation Report for which you wish to be evaluated
- A covid-19 impact statement
- A diversity, equity, and inclusion statement
Online submission of FMER material to the Dean's Office
Portfolio #2 will be submitted via email to Sarah Lyon (cc: Teresa Smith) using Adobe PDF portfolios. (Please see the ‘How to create a PDF portfolio’ document for instructions)
Each department should submit the following materials.
- Chair Rating Sheet Webform for each indivudal faculty member.
- Portfolio #2- The department evaluation report and the summary teaching form (without the course syllabi and TCE reports) for each individual faculty member. Please use the naming convention (Last_First_Department_FMER_year). Portfolio #2 will be submitted via email to Sarah Lyon (cc: Teresa Smith) using Adobe PDF portfolios.
Note: The lecturer and the department should keep all copies of course syllabi, teacher course evaluations, and updated CV’s. Department chairs, in consultation with the faculty person under review, should develop a formal evaluation procedure to assess the effectiveness of a faculty member who has been assigned administrative duties within the department.