Chemistry graduate students qualify for academic travel funding (typically to conferences) once each fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). The department will provide the initial $400. Additionally, the department will match up to $400 of what the advisor provides.
To request funding:
- Submit a travel form.
- If requesting only departmental funds as described above, enter "Graduate Student Travel" in the "Account Number/Name" field.
- If your advisor is providing funding, enter it the account in "Account Number/Name" and enter "Graduate Student Travel" in the "Additional Funding" field.
- Submit your advisor's name in the "Additional details" section of the form.
- Note: If your advisor is providing funding, associate them on the ticket.
- Your request goes to the Business Center, who in turn will reach out to your advisor and / or the Graduate Program Office for review and approval of funds.
- If approved, the Business Center will send you instructions on how to pay for the travel expenses.
- When travel has concluded, all expenses must be submitted to the Business Center through Concur.
- Reimbursement requests must be made within 60 days of travel (or the charges can be considered taxable wages), uploaded to the travel ticket and submitted through Concur.
- Students are only eligible for departmental travel support once each fiscal year. If you travel more often, you and/or your advisor will be responsible for the costs.
- Travel funding is based on availabilty of funds. Please submit your travel funding request as early as possible.
- The deadline for requesting funds for the current fiscal year is May 1.